Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some links and a weekend to look forward to.

So living in this new apartment has turned me furniture crazy. I've got to thinking... if I had all the money in the world, I would have no problem decorating my place. I would sign on to some site like Blu Dot, Design Within Reach, or Crate & Barrel and supply my place with all my dreams and hopes. But no, I don't have an unlimited reach in money, which is why I have spent the last few months struggling to get my hands on things I want in my apartment at an affordable price.

I think I'm finally getting there though, after many finds on good ol' craigslist and target.com, I'm almost set. Just this last weekend I put half the money down on a dresser from a downstairs shop that was built in 1958. I've prepped the apartment for this new find tonight and will post images when I get it up and in here tomorrow night, so look forward to that! (Also, I am SERIOUSLY considering selling my current orange chair for that great one I showed in my last post :)

So, to end this post I thought it would be nice to share some great links. One was provided by my good friend Mike just tonight which has some of the best displays of letterpress print design I have seen in a while, and the other is a link I have been going back to over and over and drooling over for the past month. 

Link Fun:

Enjoy!


1 comment:

oh, hello friend. said...

lol, you are hilarious. curtis elliot you will just never be happy with any orange chair!

anyway, i saw this post about furniture and thought of you.

http://fancyfrills.blogspot.com/2009/02/mid-century-modern-uo.html

all lovely pieces in my opinion. i want a whole room with furniture like this.